INTERNSHIPS: How We Can Assist Departments, Faculty and Staff
The UNT Internship Program assists students in obtaining high-quality internships prior to graduation and works closely with employers to develop internships within their organizations. In some cases, experiential education is known as a co-op or practicum. Regardless of what the experience is called, students gain valuable academic learning outside the classroom. The mission of the program is to develop well-prepared students who, through the benefits of experiential education, become the next generation of leaders for the global community. We feel strongly that when students gain real-world experience in their field of study, they excel academically, as well as professionally.
- Aaron Anderson, works with internships in job families of Arts and Design; Humanities and Communication; Education and Public Service
- Corey Davidson, works with internships in job families of Behavior and Culture Studies; Health and Human Services
- Sarah Spath,works with internships in job families of Management, Industry, and Applied Technology; Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- G. Brint Ryan College of Business – Brian Hirsch, Accounting and Professional Selling; Dee Wilson, Marketing and Management; Beth Kent, BCIS, Business Analytics, Real Estate, Logistics, Operations, Risk Management and Financial Services
- Megan Namayi – All UNT at Frisco students
The UNT Career Center is here to assist you with any or all of the following:
- Developing internships for your students.
- Assisting in the creation of internship course syllabi.
- Following up on employer leads you provide us.
- Working with employers to create meaningful job descriptions.
- Advising students about the internship process.
- Maintaining internship postings on Handshake.
- Facilitating departmental approval through Handshake.
- Troubleshooting internship issues between students and employers.
- Coordinating student and employer evaluations.
- Conducting employer check-ins/site visits.
- Offering workshops and class presentations on internships.
- Maintaining records on current and former interns by major and semester.
Here is the benefit for you: The Career Center can transfer the existing data faculty and staff already have concerning internships and retroactively add it to the Handshake system so there is a single repository of internship data. This allows faculty and staff the freedom to not have to worry about storing student information in a secure location while still having access to the data when it’s needed. We look forward to building a strong internship partnership with you and your department!
Unpaid Internship Scholarship
The UNT Career Center is offering scholarships for undergraduate students participating in unpaid internships. The intention of the scholarship is to encourage and support experiential learning opportunities that help students prepare for their careers. Learn more about the Unpaid Internship Scholarship.