On-Demand Services and Opportunities for Students and Alumni!
CAREER AND INTERNSHIP ADVISING
Students and Alumni can get Drop-In career advice without an appointment during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. For days and times:
- All Majors except Business – Access Connect with the Career Center.
- Business Majors – Access Connect with the Career Resource Center.
- Appointments – In-person and by phone, Zoom and email. To schedule, students use Navigate and alumni use Handshake.
- I-9 Processing – In-person and by appointment only. Use Navigate to schedule. Requirements: Offer letter from hiring department, Onboarding completion and all verification documents.
CAREER CENTER WEBSITE
Find on-demand assistance with your career journey in the College Career Community associated with your major. Watch How to Navigate the UNT Career Center Website to see all the features. Highlights include:
- Resources – Can be filtered by topics such as Resume/Cover Letter, Interview Prep, Job Search and more. Plus tools such as Big Interview, MyPlan, and What Can I Do with This Major?.
- Featured Jobs and Internships – Opportunities for students and alumni; can be filtered by college and job type.
- On-Campus Jobs – Student employment application, training, and more.
- Events – Includes virtual workshops, employer networking and career fairs.
- Videos – Workshops, employer discussion panels, alumni advice, and more.
- Handshake – Thousands of jobs and internships posted by employers for students and alumni.
- News – Articles on popular career topics written by career professionals, employers and others.
VIRTUAL EVENTS AND RESOURCES BY TOPIC
The Virtual Events, Videos and Resources page provides information and advice on a wide range of career-related topics. Many live, virtual events are recorded and made available here so students can access them at their convenience. There is also a library of videos focused on popular career topics such as resume writing, interview prep, and job search strategies plus employer panel discussions and alumni testimonials.
In addition, Handshake has assembled A List of Free Services and Resources to Help You Right Now.
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIRS
Virtual career fairs are a great way for students and alumni to connect with employers who are hiring for internships and post-graduation positions. They are hosted on a virtual recruiting platform so an internet connection is all that is needed. Check out the currently scheduled virtual career fairs, and check back for additional online career fairs. Find some tips on preparing for a virtual career fair on the Virtual Events, Videos and Resources page.
VIRTUAL EMPLOYER INFORMATION SESSIONS
Companies are hosting virtual information sessions. This is a great opportunity for students to connect with company representatives, learn more about the organization, discover available job opportunities, and even ask questions.
- Student employee I-9s are processed in-person in the Career Center in Sage Hall, Suite 202.
- Prepare for your I-9 meeting: Complete Section I of your I-9 Form in advance. The I-9 link is sent to students in the Onboarding email message.
- Original I-9 documents are required to confirm your identity and authorization to work. Check out the I-9 Acceptable Documents.