Virtual Services and Opportunities for Students and Alumni!
CAREER COACHING AND INTERNSHIP ADVISING
Career Coaches and Internship Specialists are available to meet with students and alumni by phone, email, videoconference, and in-person. To schedule an appointment, use Handshake for all internship specialists and most coaches; for coaches in College of Science and College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences use appointments.unt.edu. When scheduling, indicate the type of meeting – phone, email, videoconference, or in-person. You can find your Career Coach or Internship Specialist in the Career Community for the College/School associated with your major. (Find the College/School for your major from the UNT Degree Programs list.)
Get career advice without an appointment. Call 940-565-2105 to be assigned to a Career Ambassador during these times: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 10:00AM to Noon; Tuesday and Thursday, 1:00 to 3:00PM. To meet with an ambassador virtually during Daily Drop-ins, watch How to Schedule a Virtual Drop-In Appointment.
CAREER CENTER WEBSITE
Students and alumni – find information within the College Career Community associated with your major to help you Discover Your Path, Explore Majors and Careers, Gain Experience, and Achieve Your Goals. Also available on-demand to assist with your career journey:
- Resources – An extensive library that can be filtered by topics such as Resume/Cover Letter, Interview Prep, and Job Search. Plus tools such as Big Interview, MyPlan, and What Can I Do with This Major?.
- Featured Jobs and Internships – Employment opportunities for UNT students and alumni that can be filtered by college and job type.
- On-Campus Jobs – How to find a job on campus, student employment application, student training, and job opportunities.
- Events – Virtual events including workshops, employer networking and career fairs. Can be filtered by type and college.
- Videos – Workshops, employer discussion panels, alumni advice, and more. Watch How to Navigate the UNT Career Center Website.
- Handshake – Thousands of jobs and internships posted by employers and open to all UNT students and alumni.
- News – Articles on popular career topics written by career professionals, employers and others.
VIRTUAL EVENTS AND RESOURCES
The Virtual Events, Videos and Resources page provides information and advice on a wide range of career-related topics. Many live, virtual events are recorded and made available here so students can access them at their convenience. There is also a library of videos focused on popular career topics such as resume writing, interview prep, and job search strategies plus employer panel discussions and alumni testimonials.
In addition, Handshake has assembled A List of Free Services and Resources to Help You Right Now.
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIRS
Virtual career fairs are a great way for students and alumni to connect with employers who are hiring for internships and post-graduation positions. The fairs are hosted on a virtual recruiting platform and no special equipment is required. All you need is an internet connection. Currently, there are several virtual career fairs scheduled, and additional online career fairs are being added. Tips on how to prepare for a virtual career fair are available on the Virtual Events, Videos and Resources page.
VIRTUAL EMPLOYER INFORMATION SESSIONS
Companies are hosting virtual information sessions. This is a great opportunity for students to connect with company representatives, learn more about the organization, discover available job opportunities, and even ask questions.
I-9’s are processed in-person on Wednesdays and Thursdays by appointment only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 940-565-2105 to schedule an appointment. To start the I-9 process, you must have an offer letter from your department, complete the onboarding, and have all required verification documents.