10 Ways Students Can Plan for Success and Find Support
Did you know?
The UNT Career Center is a go-to resource for career prep + job search.
Here are 10 ways students can plan for success and find support.
- Website Profile and Email Alerts – Create a login and indicate preferences for specific job and event alerts, College newsletters, blogs, and other relevant career related content.
- Handshake – Find jobs and internships from employers seeking UNT undergraduate and graduate students. Sign up for events and sessions to connect with organizations and learn more about various career industries.
- College Career Communities and Affinity Career Groups – Find tailored resources and support around shared interests and connections based on major and other identity groups.
- Explore Majors, Industries and Jobs – Explore options and bring clarity and insight when considering choosing a major, planning ahead to start a career, or thinking about making a career change.
- Job Fairs + Events – Sign up for a wide variety of events and training. Our employer partners actively recruit and engage students through fairs and by providing networking opportunities.
- Resumes, Cover Letter and CVs – Get step by step help to create effective job search documents.
- On Campus Employment – Get valuable work experience with a flexible schedule though an on-campus job.
- Internships – Gain practical on-the-job training and experience. There are many opportunities and alternatives to explore.
- Interview Prep – Be prepared to effectively and confidently share knowledge and experience in an interview. Use Big Interview tool for online practice.
- Mean Green Mentors – Connect online with a professional in the UNT community for guidance and support to help you achieve your goals.