Resume/CV/Cover Letter Resources and Assistance
A resume or a CV is required in order to apply for almost any job, and you will typically need to submit a cover letter, too. In addition, it’s important to write a thank you letter following an interview. Below, you can access multiple resources, tools, videos and personalized assistance to help you craft these important documents.
For assistance with your resume, CV or cover letter, schedule an in-person, virtual, phone or email appointment or meet with us without an appointment during Drop-Ins. To find your Career Coach and for times and locations, go to Connect with the Career Center. Business majors should access Connect with the Career Resource Center for times, location, and Drop-In information.
Resume Writing Tool
- Resume Builder – Resume writing tool that’s part of Big Interview and provided by the Career Center. This video explains how to access Resume Builder and get started.
Resume Writing and CV Resources
- Getting Started Writing Your Resume
- Resume Templates and Samples
- Basic Chronological Resume Template
- Basic Functional Resume Template
- Resume and CV Samples – Specific examples based on your college, area of interest, and experience.
- Business: Approved Resume Format – Information about the required format for all Business majors plus examples.
- Curriculum Vitae – standard representation of credentials within academia.
Videos to Help with Writing Your Resume or CV
- Resume Basics – A UNT Career Coach explains the types of resumes, sections, formatting and other rules.
- Resume Development – Career Development Specialist at UNT at Frisco, demonstrates how to write a chronological resume.
- Resume Tips – Get advice from a UNT Career Coach on how to write an effective resume.
- How Applicant Tracking Systems Impact Your Job Search – Covers the basics about applicant tracking systems (ATS) and how to approach job applications and your resume with ATS in mind.
- Disney College Session – Resume 101 & Interview Tips – Learn some of the best ways to formulate resumes and excel at interviews when applying to Disney opportunities and other positions.
- Graduate CV Workshop – Amy Hicks, Career Coach for graduate students, explains how to write a CV, when it’s used and more.
Cover Letter Resources
Thank You Letter Resources
- Thank You Letters
- Post-Interview Thank You Messages – Video with tips on how to express appreciation following an interview.