Resume/CV/Cover Letter Resources and Assistance
A resume or a CV is required in order to apply for almost any job, and you will typically need to submit a cover letter,too. In addition, it’s important to write a thank you letter following an interview. Below are the multiple tools, resources, and videos available to assist you with writing these important documents plus the opportunity to meet one-on-one for personalized advice.
Personalized Resume and Cover Letter Assistance
For resume advice and review plus assistance writing a cover letter, schedule an appointment or drop in during Quick Chat times without an appointment. Meeting options include in-person, virtual, phone or email. To find your Career Coach and for times, locations, and scheduling help, go to Connect with the Career Center. Business majors should access Connect with the Career Resource Center for location and times plus information about Daily Drop-Ins.
Resume Writing Tool
- Resume Builder – Resume writing tool that’s part of Big Interview and provided by the Career Center. This video explains how to access Resume Builder and get started.
Resume Writing and CV Resources
- How to Construct Each Section of Your Resume
- Chronological Resume Template
- Functional Resume Template
- Action Verbs for Your Resume
- Common Resume Mistakes
- G. Brint Ryan Approved Resume Format – Information about the required format for all Business majors plus examples.
- CV Basics – Basics for writing an effective Curriculum Vitae, which is the standard representation of credentials within academia.
- CV Guide
Videos to Help with Writing Your Resume or CV
- Resume Basics – A UNT Career Coach explains the types of resumes, sections, formatting and other rules.
- Resume Development – Megan Namayi, Career Development Specialist at UNT at Frisco, demonstrates how to write a chronological resume.
- Resume Tips – Get advice from a UNT Career Coach on how to write an effective resume.
- How Applicant Tracking Systems Impact Your Job Search – Covers the basics about applicant tracking systems (ATS) and how to approach job applications and your resume with ATS in mind.
- Disney College Session – Resume 101 & Interview Tips – Learn some of the best ways to formulate resumes and excel at interviews when applying to Disney opportunities and other positions.
- Graduate CV Workshop – Amy Hicks, Career Coach for graduate students, explains how to write a CV, when it’s used and more.